Borders around everything!
l***@adobeforums.com
2009-03-29 00:02:24 UTC
How do I get rid of the border around the text box and every image I place
in InDesign? Can you preview your work?
Thanks!
N***@adobeforums.com
2009-03-29 01:11:02 UTC
It's not clear what you mean by border. ID shows a bounding box (usually in blue or magenta) around every item on screen. These boxes do not print.

You can turn off most of the bounding boxes with Ctrl+H or the Hide command on the menu. You can turn off all the guidelines, etc. by going to Preview mode, under the View menu.

Most users find the guidelines useful in sizing, scaling, and placing elements, but it can be convenient to turn them off to get a clearer view in complex documents.
l***@adobeforums.com
in complex documents.
j***@adobeforums.com
2009-03-29 01:13:42 UTC
How do I get rid of the border around the text box and every image I place
in InDesign?

You've set the default line width to something other than 0. Be sure nothing is selected (click outside *everything*, or choose "Select None" from the Edit menu) and check for a value in the Stroke panel.

Can you preview your work?

Sure. The bottom icons of the toolbar do exactly that: switching between edit mode (you see the pasteboard, guides, frames) and preview mode (you only see your page and possibly selected frames, nothing else). The toggle key is 'W', but be sure you don't accidentally have a text cursor. (The quick check is: press 'W', if nothing happens you'll have a 'w' somewhere in your document.)
l***@gmail.com
2013-09-13 13:21:49 UTC
you are the best! thanx

P***@adobeforums.com
2009-03-29 13:34:21 UTC
Ikota,

Trust me, only beginners need to ask why there's a stroke on everything, but it happens to all of us from time to time. ;)

It can be pretty annoying if you don't notice the problem until you see the press proofs.

Peter
l***@adobeforums.com
2009-03-29 19:54:29 UTC
Thanks Peter! One baby-step has lead to another and I'm so excited about
InDesign! I've discovered You Tube tutorials and I see how powerful and
wonderful InDesign is!

Links to any favorite tutorials would be welcome.

Thanks again!
Peter
Bob Bringhurst
2009-03-30 15:21:58 UTC
Ikota, you can view a list of tutorials here:

<http://help.adobe.com/en_US/InDesign/6.0/WS136D91ED-FAC8-4f4e-82A7-CF406D0131BB.html>
l***@adobeforums.com
2009-03-30 16:37:58 UTC
Thanks so much!
l***@adobeforums.com
2009-03-30 17:50:59 UTC
One of the tutorials mentions Adobe stock photography
http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/video_workshop/?id=vid0064
But I can find the icon in InDesign CS4 ?
Thanks
P***@adobeforums.com
2009-03-30 20:25:35 UTC
Adobe Stock Photos has been discontinued, and the icon to launch Bridge has been moved into the menu bar at the top, just to the right of the help menu.

Peter
l***@adobeforums.com
2009-03-30 23:15:20 UTC
You sure know your way around. Thanks Peter!
Peter
OldBob
2009-04-01 14:42:20 UTC
Also look at Lynda.com It's worth at least a short subscription to check out their video tutorials in just about any product you can name.