Inserting notes in Indesign
P***@adobeforums.com
2005-10-27 06:12:13 UTC
Hello,

Is it possible to add notes/comments in Indesign, especially inside text frames. Someetimes there are things in a document which i need to revise but i need to put some sort of "post-it" note there to remember where it is and what the comment is.

I saw that total training for indesign cs2 has something about Notes but i'm unable to find it in the help file.
W***@adobeforums.com
2005-10-27 06:49:21 UTC
If you install the InCopy Workflow Plugins (are found on the Install-CD) you get a menu and a tool "Notes". These are intended to use in interaction with InCopy, but you can use them for your purposes too. They are no stickies, but they are notes.
S***@adobeforums.com
2005-10-27 06:56:05 UTC
You can use the Attributes palette to make an element non-printing. I sometimes make a 'Notes' or 'Help' layer for this stuff. These notes don't appear if you're working in ant Preview mode. The InCopy method above might not have thatdrawback.
a***@gmail.com
2013-08-01 07:53:39 UTC
Post by P***@adobeforums.com
Hello,
Is it possible to add notes/comments in Indesign, especially inside text frames. Someetimes there are things in a document which i need to revise but i need to put some sort of "post-it" note there to remember where it is and what the comment is.
I saw that total training for indesign cs2 has something about Notes but i'm unable to find it in the help file.
Hello,
There is a good plugin to do that... PowerNotes for InDesign and InCopy

http://shop.qsystems.es/products/powernotes/

PowerNotes is a plugin for Adobe InDesign and Adobe InCopy that allows you to perform complex instructions on a document, using drawings and notes. This will free users from having to meet with their collaborators to explain modifications. Delays and loops will be erased from the workflow.