Problems with ArialMT and Arial when exporting PDF
n***@gmail.com
2013-03-10 11:41:58 UTC
Hello everyone.
This forum thread is really old, but i figured maybe i'd give it a shot.
i'm working on an SVG with illustrator where the font should be "Arial".
Though everytime I save it the font is always change dto Arial MT!! And this is not allowed to happen as it may not work with our program where we insert the SVG into...

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.
Helpful Harry
2013-03-10 19:53:55 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
Hello everyone.
This forum thread is really old, but i figured maybe i'd give it a shot.
i'm working on an SVG with illustrator where the font should be "Arial".
Though everytime I save it the font is always change dto Arial MT!! And
this is not allowed to happen as it may not work with our program where
we insert the SVG into...
I can't think of any reason why it would matter, let alone not be allowed
to happen, but it's it's really that serious a problem, then you could
either change to a different font or convert the text to paths (making
sure you also keep a copy of the original document with normal editable
text).

Helpful Harry :o)
l***@gmail.com
2013-10-16 04:16:31 UTC
I have created a document using ID2 and have expoerted as a PDF. All the text in the document is using Arial or Arial Bold. When viewing the document in Acrobat 5, all is fine. However, the PDF is used as a template for ActivePDF and has form fields on. When ActivePDF works its magic, all the text on the document gets messed up.
After much prodding and searching, I have discovered that the problem is that the font used in the PDF is actually ArialMT (a multibyte font) not Arial (a singlebyte font). Is there anyway I can force ID2 to use Arial rather than ArialMT? The only other way I have found around this is to change every single line to Arial in Acrobat which takes an age when there are 3 pages of 7pt text to work through!
If I can't do it in ID2, can I batch process all the text in Acrobat 5?
a***@gmail.com
2016-01-28 10:15:19 UTC
hey i have same problem but i dowload foxit reader so good