CS4 and XML Import using aid namespace
M***@adobeforums.com
2009-03-09 08:35:24 UTC

I'm working in a project where I need to use InDesign to create PDF from Docbook-based XML.

I'm totally "new" to InDesign, but been working with XML and Framemaker a lot.

After reading the docs, I created an XML instance using aid-namespace to map xml elements to InDesign's para/character styles.

The problem is that InDesign does not do the mapping when importing xml. I can assign "Tags to Styles" and then get automatic formatting during xml import, but it's not the way to go. I need sophisticated layout control taht requires context-based formatting of elements. Easy to achieve with xslt and aid-namespaces.

Is there some preferences etc. that I don't know of..has anyone succeeded to use aid namespace?

BR, Martti
n***@gmail.com