CS4 Indesign locks up with CPU useage 100%
s***@gmail.com
2009-04-29 06:23:56 UTC
we have 60 PC's running this app fully patched with latest windows xp
patches and CS4 patches, one room of PC's runs fine the other often
has PC's locking up with 100% CPU use especially if the user is
switching from another app back to Indesign eg Internet Explorer back
to Indesign. The newest and fastest PC's are the ones with the issues.
All PC's are networked and data files are stored on the server, users
have no access to the local drive on the PC's.
Has anyone else seen this type of thing or got any suggestions on how
to fix this?
Thanks
pdan
2009-04-29 20:40:22 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
we have 60 PC's running this app fully patched with latest windows xp
patches and CS4 patches, one room of PC's runs fine the other often
has PC's locking up with 100% CPU use especially if the user is
switching from another app back to Indesign eg Internet Explorer back
to Indesign. The newest and fastest PC's are the ones with the issues.
All PC's are networked and data files are stored on the server, users
have no access to the local drive on the PC's.
Has anyone else seen this type of thing or got any suggestions on how
to fix this?
Thanks
30 PC's in one room? How is the electrical service to that room? I'm no
electrician but you might want to check with one.
The other variable would be the router, hub, or switch networking that room.
Switch it out from room to room or replace it.
s***@gmail.com
2009-05-03 04:18:26 UTC
Post by pdan
Post by s***@gmail.com
we have 60 PC's running this app fully patched with latest windows xp
patches and CS4 patches, one room of PC's runs fine the other often
has PC's locking up with 100% CPU use especially if the user is
switching from another app back to Indesign eg Internet Explorer back
to Indesign. The newest and fastest PC's are the ones with the issues.
All PC's are networked and data files are stored on the server, users
have no access to the local drive on the PC's.
Has anyone else seen this type of thing or got any suggestions on how
to fix this?
Thanks
30 PC's in one room? How is the electrical service to that room? I'm no
electrician but you might want to check with one.
The other variable would be the router, hub, or switch networking that room.
Switch it out from room to room or replace it.
Thanks for ideas electrical supply was tested ok and have replaced the
switch previously with a new GB one