InDesign CS4 | Overlapping circles
Tru7nk
2009-05-16 11:48:57 UTC
I have two circles in my document with the same color. I have placed one
circle with it's lef side over the other so that there is a part that is
overlapping both circles. Can someone tell me how I can force the
overlapping color of the circles is slightly darker?
Tru7nk
Rob
2009-06-10 19:57:37 UTC
Post by Tru7nk
I have two circles in my document with the same color. I have placed one
circle with it's lef side over the other so that there is a part that is
overlapping both circles. Can someone tell me how I can force the
overlapping color of the circles is slightly darker?
--
Tru7nk
There are at least two ways this can be done. The first, and simplest,
is to set the top Object to either 'Darken' or 'Multiply' using the
effects panel. However, some output devices aren't fond of
transparency, so another option would be to do the following:

1. Select both objects
2. Duplicate them directly on top of the originals
3. With the new objects still selected, select 'Pathfinder:Intersect'
from the Object menu.
4. Color your new object a darker shade of your originals.

Hope this helps.