What kind of Video can I import into InDesign?
F***@adobeforums.com
2009-04-02 20:28:49 UTC
I've read that Acrobat 9 and newer can display flash video files within a PDF. I tried importing an .flv file into InDesign but it did not work. Is this possible to do? Also, are there any other types of video files that can be imported into InDesign?

The idea is to do a quick reference guide for a software application which will have an embedded flash video file showing motion capture of the application in action.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Bob Bringhurst
2009-04-03 15:15:07 UTC
Acrobat 9 can display Flash (SWF) files well if you add the files within Acrobat. However, if you add the SWF files in InDesign and then export to PDF, the SWF files may not play, especially on a Mac. You're better off leaving a placeholder in InDesign and then adding the SWF in Acrobat to the exported PDF. For more details, see Sandee Cohen's entry:

<http://indesignsecrets.com/putting-swfs-into-indesign-documents.php>