Indesign gradient pms color issue
E***@adobeforums.com
2009-04-03 14:23:59 UTC
I was wondering how to change a pms tint (exact %) in a gradient in indesign cs4? I'm just confused. It's pretty simple in illustrator..

thanks.
O***@adobeforums.com
2009-04-03 15:15:49 UTC
In the swatch panel click the top right corner>new gradient swatch>click the color on the slider and then change to the spot color you need, along with the other options.
E***@adobeforums.com
2009-04-03 15:23:30 UTC
Thanks alot!
E***@adobeforums.com
2009-04-03 15:33:24 UTC
Wait no!
thats not what I meant?
I mean like take (ex.) reflex blue at 4% opacity to white marker and back to 4% reflex blue. The only thing I can do with the suggestion you gave me is play with the location (%) marker. you can play with the pms at all, only cmyk or rgb.

Do I have to create a swatch (blue reflex) at 4% and put it in the swatch palette? and used it if it was a seperate color?
unknown
2009-04-03 22:54:50 UTC
InDesign is NOT ILLUSTRATOR.

If you like Illy's graident tool better, do it in Illy and apply it to
an object. Copy that object to your InDesign document and gradient
swatch will be available.

Bob
E***@adobeforums.com
2009-04-03 16:10:10 UTC
thanks but I answered myself. Well it should be available. Something as simple as chaging the shade/tint of a swatch is pretty much common task in design work.
O***@adobeforums.com
2009-04-03 16:49:58 UTC
If you need to use say 20% of PMs-485 red. Couldn't you create a new tint swatch using 20% of that color and then create a new gradient swatch and use that new color instead? Why I do a test of this it shows several instances of the 485 red swatch in the pallet, but when I go to the separations panel and to print separations it only shows the 1 instance of PMS-485 red.
E***@adobeforums.com
2009-04-03 17:19:13 UTC
yup! thats what I said.